Preaching – Sr Pastor Chris Reutepohler – Series “Breaking the Cycle: A Study of Judges”
Scripture passage: Judges 10:1-18
- I. Israel’s Sin
- A. Did evil knowing God was watching.
- B. Worshipped what the world around them worshipped (Idolatry)
- C. Turned their back completely on God
- II. How God responded to Israel’s sin
- A. Allowed them to be harassed and oppressed by their enemies
- B. Told them to cry out to their ”other” gods for deliverance instead of to Him
- III. How Israel responded to God’s response to sin
- A. Total surrender
- B. True change
- IV. Why did God respond this way?
- A. It was out of compassion
- B. God is restless in the presence of suffering
- C. God is grieved over the sin of His children